Cold Steel®'s Emperor Series swords are styled to reflect some of the most distinctive hallmarks of Japanese sword design. Cold Steel® uses only traditional materials for the Tsuba (guard), Fuchi (collar) and Kashira (pommel). Each piece is expertly made and finely crafted in nickel-silver. The Habaki (blade collar) is also hand-made from nickel-silver and the hilt is covered in samé (rayskin) and tightly wrapped in the traditional style with black silk cord. A beautiful Menuki (a small ornamental sculpture inserted between the rayskin and the cord wrappings) further enhances the handle's appearance.
All Emperor swords feature fully sharpened 1060 high carbon steel blades that are heat-treated to a tough spring temper. The blades are then carefully hand-finished with a beautiful mirror polish applied to the fuller.
- Emperor O Tanto
- Material: 1060 high carbon steel
- Overall length: approx. 49.2 cm
- Blade length: approx. 33.7 cm
- Blade thickness: approx. 8 mm
- Handle: approx. 15.5 cm long, ray skin w/ black silk cord wrap & brass Menuki
- Weight: approx. 567 g
- Incl. black lacquered wood scabbard
- Cold Steel® Product No.: 88T
We do not sell this product to customers under the age of 18. Please provide your birth date when ordering. We'll also need a copy of your ID-card or passport by email, scan, fax or mail.