Hand-and-a-half Sword, Bastard Sword with scabbard, sharp
We would be hard-pressed to think of a more versatile or effective sword than Cold Steel's Bastard or Hand-and-a-half Sword we offer here. For a sword of this size, it is amazingly light (slightly less than 1.4 kg) and fast.
Its 85 cm long blade is quite wide so it can cut deep, yet pointed enough to be effective in thrusting.
Its long handle is suitable for both a one- or two-handed grip and is fashioned out of wood covered in black leather. In order to balance the long blade, the butt is capped with a beautiful scent-stopper pommel which can serve as an effective weapon in its own right.
Each one-and-a-half-handed sword reflects the highest standards in workmanship and materials and comes fully sharpened and ready for battle.
To safely house the blade, Cold Steel has also included a very attractive wooden scabbard covered with black leather and ornamented with a throat and a chape made of steel.
- Material: 1055 high carbon steel blade, leather-wrapped wooden handle
- Overall length: approx. 115.6 cm
- Handle length: approx. 30.5 cm
- Blade length: approx. 85.1 cm
- Blade thickness: approx. 5.1 mm
- Weight: approx. 1389 g
- Including leather-covered wooden scabbard with steel fittings
- Cold Steel Product No.: 88HNH
- A more affordable, blued version from Cold Steel's Man at Arms (MAA) collection is also available for purchase. Product No.: CST-88HNHM.
In addition to this sword, a matching companion dagger can also be purchased (Product No. CST-88HNHD): Scaled down in size but almost identical in appearance, its blade is designed for cutting and thrusting but is also sturdy enough to perform efficiently as a defensive weapon.
We do not sell this product to customers under the age of 18. Please provide your birth date when ordering. We'll also need a copy of your ID-card or passport by email, scan, fax or mail.
Shipping weight: 2.00 kg
Customers who bought this product also purchased: