The Colichemarde emerged on the sword scene in the late 1600's, during the decline of the rapier and the rise of the small sword. Its uniquely shaped blade that was extra wide at the forte but then dramatically tapered to a fine needle point allowed the sword to be used to parry or oppose even the heaviest weapons without breaking, yet remain light enough to be fenced with lightning speed.
Cold Steel®'s interpretation of this blade closely mirrors the historic original, from extra wide forte to super sharp point. The hilt features a decorative double shell guard, complete with finger loops and knuckle bow, while the grip is completely wire-wrapped and capped with a matching pommel.
- Material: 1060 high carbon steel
- Overall length: approx. 101.6 cm
- Blade length: approx. 82.2 cm
- Blade thickness: approx. 6.4 mm
- Handle length: approx. 19.4 cm
- Weight: approx. 748 g
- Incl. leather scabbard with steel fittings
- Cold Steel® Product No.: 88CLMS
We do not sell this product to customers under the age of 18. Please provide your birth date when ordering. We'll also need a copy of your ID-card or passport by email, scan, fax or mail.