Hudson Bay Camp Axe
Cold Steel®'s Hudson Bay Camp Axe is faithful to historical examples stretching back over 100 years. Sized to be convenient to carry on every outdoor adventure, it's an essential tool you won't want to go into the woods without. Best of all, it features Cold Steel®'s groundbreaking clamp-like locking mechanism which is so ruggedly hard to 'pull off' that it doubles the industry standard! Additionally, it's possible to change out a broken handle in less than two minutes. What's more, if you're caught in the wilderness, a field-expedient replacement handle can be improvised from nearly any piece of wood available.
1055 High Carbon Steel
The carbon content and lean alloy of this shallow hardening steel make this a very sturdy material that avoids a lot of the brittleness commonly associated with higher carbon materials. Particularly suited to blades requiring impact resistance, it's often seen in large fixed blades and swords.
- Blade material: 1055 high carbon steel
- Handle material: American hickory
- Removable head (Allen wrench not included in delivery)
- Overall length: approx. 68.6 cm
- Blade length: approx. 17.8 cm
- Primary edge: approx. 10.2 cm
- Weight: approx. 1253 g
- Cold Steel® Product No.: 90QB
Shipping weight: 1.80 kg